In the right hands, massage therapy can help relax and restore the body, mind and spirit. While most people understand that massage feels good, studies have shown that massage therapy treatments can make a positive impact on the recipient’s physiological as well as their psychological well-being.
Each culture has used massage to help treat ailments and boost morale. The modalities that have sprung up from generations of practitioners are now used by massage therapists to help treat an array of ailments. From Swedish Massage to Acupressure to Thai Massage, Reiki and Cranial Sacral Therapy, the restorative power of these types of massage can help relieve pain and discomfort on a variety of levels.
So maybe you’re wondering, “How can getting a massage help me?” Here are just a few highlights…
- Reduces muscle and joint pain
- Enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Improves range-of-motion in weak or tight muscles
- Improves circulation
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping
- Relaxes and rejuvenate injured, tired muscles
- Relieves tension headaches and migraine pain
- Improves posture
- Reduces the symptoms of chronic pain, including: arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome
- Reduces stress hormone cortisol
- Lessens depression
- Reduces anxiety
- Improves mood & outlook by releasing endorphins – “the body’s natural painkiller”
- Lessens insomnia and other sleep-related disorders
Any of that sound good to you? Book an appointment today to find out for yourself!